Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Miscommunication

When I think of miscommunication in the workplace I think of this one time my boss sent someone to tell another person to tell me that I was needed to check on a sick horse in the middle of the night. By the time the message got back to me the message was that I needed to make sure the horses were fed in the barns before I left for the day. I was called in the middle of the night by the farm manager who was wondering why I hadnt called her with updates yet. Nothing bad happened because of this miscommunication but my boss thought that I was being a slacker when she should have been the one to tell me herself what she wanted me to do. If she would have told me herself in the first place then there would have been no miscommunication.

No comments: