Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cover Letter Tutorial

This tutorial helped me out ALOT! I did not understand what was needed on the cover letter before I read this tutorial. I agreed with most of the advice that was given. However I did not like the fact that they say to handwrite your P.S. That just seems to me that that would be a turn off because something was handwritten on your cover letter to your resume. I feel like companies would find it unprofessional. But thats just what I think.

The most useful part of the tutorial for me was the part that talked about making it meet the companies needs and not your own. I thought that the cover letter was supposed to talk about me. I did not know that I had to write about how I can make their company better. The PS idea is a good one too but not handwritten. I would type it. I think that it would still get their attention. I also did not know that putting a cover letter on a mass sent resume would not help at all. So I feel that these tutorials were a great idea, otherwise I would not be getting a job.

2 comments:

Lightning28 said...

Just wanted you to know that I talked about you in my blog this week about your presentation that you did last week in class

Meredith R said...

Hi Julie. I mentioned your presentation in my blog this week. I thought it was interesting!